When was the last time you did something that was so amazingly kind that others will remember your actions the rest of their lives?
If it’s been awhile, I encourage you to take two minutes to watch a video clip of some young men who refused to play basketball against another team … as an act of incredible kindness. (If a screen does not appear below, click here.)
Kindness … one of the most life-changing values the world has ever known. Is it flowing through your life?
– Ken Sande
- How do you think the Gainesville players felt when they entered a gym with hundreds of people cheering for them? How could this kind of encouragement and support change the course of these young men’s lives?
- Think of a time when someone showed you this kind of unexpected and extravagant kindness. How did it make you feel? What impact did it have on your life?
- If you were one of the Vanguard players, would your worldview and its accompanying value system have moved you to show this kind of kindness to the Gainesville team?
- Have you had an opportunity to show this kind of kindness in recent days? What did you do with that opportunity?
- If you’d like develop a greater capacity to see and act on opportunities to exercise kindness, read Seven Steps to Empathy and Serving a Barista.
Permission to distribute: Please feel free to download, print, or electronically share this message in its entirety for non-commercial purposes with as many people as you like.
© 2015 Ken Sande
Would you like to receive future posts like this? Subscribe now!